In the end, all the small things you do make a big difference. Life isn’t about a single moment of great triumph and attainment. It’s about the trials and errors that slowly get you there—the
Feb 18 2016 5 Choices You Can Make Now To Make Habits That Make Your Life Better
Here are five choices that will help you create habits to make your life better!!!
In the end, more than anything else, we regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were too afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.
Think about it...
The big opportunity you procrastinated on. That friend you never called. Those important words you left unspoken.
You know what I’m talking about.
Every one of us has experienced feelings of regret. But it’s not too late to set things straight. We’re still here breathing. Today we have an opportunity to change tomorrow. Right now we can choose to erase regret from our later years.
It’s time to make the best of each and every day. Here are some ideas to get you started – five things you can start doing now that you won’t regret five years down the road:
1. Wake up every morning and get the RIGHT things done. – The world does not owe you a living. You owe the world a life. So stop daydreaming and start DOING. Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. Take full responsibility for your life – take control. You are important and you are needed. It’s too late to sit around and wait for somebody to do something someday. Someday is now; the somebody the world needs is YOU. Focus on being productive, not being busy. Don’t just get things done... get the RIGHT things done (and this includes things in your personal life too). Though being busy can make us feel more alive than anything else for a moment, the sensation is not sustainable long term. We will inevitably, whether tomorrow or on our deathbed, come to wish that we spent less time in the buzz of busyness and more time actually living a purposeful life.
2. Practice relentless kindness. – Kindness is always the best response to any situation. When you grow older and you look back on your life, you will inevitably forget a lot of the stuff that seemed so important when you were young. You probably won’t remember what your high school or college GPA was. You will look at your old classmates on Facebook (or some other online social network) and wonder why you ever had a crush on that girl/guy. And you will have the toughest time remembering why you let certain people from your past get the best of you. But you will never forget the people who were genuinely kind – those who helped when you were hurt, and who loved you even when you felt unlovable. Be that person to others as often as possible. (And, as you know, what goes around comes around.)
3. Love yourself, too. – More likely than not, the first person who caught your eye wasn’t “The One.” And the second, third or fourth probably wasn’t either. You know why? It’s because YOU are the one. Love isn’t something out there somewhere that someone else can give to you. It’s already inside you. It’s that sacred part of each of us that makes us human. And some of the best moments in life are when you truly connect with someone else and share the love you already have inside with them. But don’t ever forget to love yourself, first. When you start by loving and respecting yourself, it makes giving that love to other people infinitely better. You’re going to meet so many amazing people in your life, and I hope you do fall in love with someone else. Just remember to fall in love with your own life too, because no one else can do that for you.
4. In toxic relationships, create enough healthy space for yourself. – You deserve respect. You deserve it from your family, your friends, your coworkers – from everyone in your life. The best way to receive respect from others is to begin by respecting yourself. Speak clearly and keep your head up. Be kind, but stand up for what you believe. Make choices that you feel good about. And if someone in your life is constantly being disrespectful‚ call them on it. If things don’t change, you need to limit the amount of time and influence they have in your life. We need people in our lives who challenge us and disagree with us, so we can see things from new perspectives, but we don’t need to be incessantly torn down by toxic people who don’t respect us. It can be difficult to distance yourself from a relationship like this, even when your inner-wisdom tells you it’s time to give yourself some space. But make no mistake... distancing yourself from a toxic relationship situation is a gain, not a loss.
5. Let go of those who are already gone. – You’re going to mingle with a lot of people in your lifetime. You’re going to have first kisses you feel all the way down to your toes and think “Oh my gosh, I love him,” but really… you loved the kiss. You’re going to meet a friend you think you will know forever, but then something will change and you two will go your separate ways. You’re going to explore different parts of your life with different people who aren’t in it for the long haul, and that isn’t a bad thing. Life is a series of stories, and the way our stories intersect is remarkable. Sometimes people are in our lives for the whole story. Sometimes they are just a short chapter or two. It takes a brave person to know when that chapter is over, and then to turn the page. Be brave. Embrace your goodbyes, because every “goodbye” you receive in life sets you up for an even better “hello.”
#TopRealEstateAgent #PhoenixAreasBestRealtor.com #Amylaidlaw.com #AmyLaidlaw #HomesForSaleInMesaAZ #HomesForSaleInChandlerAZ #HomesForSaleInGilbertAZ #HomesForSaleInPhoenixAZ #HomesForSaleInQueenCreek #HomesForSaleInSanTanValley #HousesForSaleInMesaAZ #HousesForSaleInChandlerAZ #HousesForSaleInGilbertAZ #HousesForSaleInPhoenixAZ #HousesForSaleInQueenCreek #HousesForSaleInSanTanValley #BalancedLifeSolutions.Net #InspirationalMessages #LawOfAttraction #Meditation #Lifecoaching #ValueOfMyHome #Reiki #ReikiMaster #ReikiCertification
#GetRidOfPainNow #GetRidOfHeadachesNow #GetRidOfAnxietyNow #GetRidOfStressNow #GetRidOfSicknessNow
#GetRidOfDiseaseNow #GetRidOfDepressionNow #GetRidOfNeckPainNow
#SleepBetterNow #LifeCoach #Balance #PositiveThoughts #Gratitude #Forgiveness
About Me BIOGRAPHY ~Seller’s Success Story~ How my client received 23% more for his home than his anticipated list price! I suggested adding $1,700 for granite counter tops in the kitchen ....
Latest Blog Posts
The Las Sendas Property in the East Valley is a premier master planned community offering healthy lifestyle opportunities, multi-generational activities and superior services to homeowners in a